1. They validate that God is faithful to his promises.
2. They verify that Jesus is the promised Messiah.
Here’s the first prophecy fulfilled.
1. Isa 7:14 700 B.C. a virgin will be with child and his name will be Emmanuel which means God is with us.
2. Micah 5:2 700 B.C. Christ was to be born in Bethlehem. Take note that Bethlehem was the location where sheep were raised for sacrifice in Jerusalem. Also, David was born in Bethlehem fulfilling the prophecy that the Messiah would be in the line of David. Also, Bethlehem was known for growing wheat which of course was used for bread and Jesus said I am the bread of life.
3. Hosea 11:1 700 B.C. says that the Messiah would spend his infancy in Egypt. Joseph, Mary took Jesus and fled before killed all the babies in Bethlehem. They stayed there for 2 years.
4. Jeremiah 31:15 600 B.C. Christ would be targeted. Herod would seek to kill all the babies in Bethlehem.
5. Isaiah 11:1 and Isaiah 53:3 says that the Messiah would be raised in Nazareth, and He would be despised and rejected.
Notes taken from Pastor Gary on 11/19/2021 at Cornerstone Chapel in Virginia